Saturday, November 8, 2008

What I found Interesting...Week 11 Post 3

The part of the chapter that I found particularly interesting was Duck’s relational dissolution model. I feel as though this model is very true and that many couples do go through these stages especially towards the end of the relationship. The intrapsychic phase is true in that typically when one person in a relationship is dissatisfied in a relationship they go over all the bad things that have happened in the relationship and reevaluate the benefits and costs of it. The next phase being the dyadic phase I feel is a branch off of the intrapsychic phase in that they are still looking at the costs and seeing if these things are able to be fixed. The social phase I feel is the most popular one in that after every breakup most people go and tell their friends and let them know what happened. The grave-dressing phase is where the people who were in the relationship decide what happened to the relationship. All these phases I feel do relate to real life and how couples go through breakups or problems in their relationship.

No comments: