Saturday, November 15, 2008

What I found Interesting...Week 12 Post 3

I really enjoyed reading aout upward, downward and horizontal communication. I found that downward communication in a workplace is what I would think is typically used because of the hierarchy. I do understand why the employees feel dissatisfied with this process and the lack of face to face conversation. The upward communication I think is good in that the employees give feedback to the bosses and I think it helps keep everyone at the same place and feel as if they are being listened to if they progress reports are taken into consideration. Horizontal communication kind of reminds me of think tanks or right now with this budget crisis where everyone is getting together from different departments of the government to develop a plan. I see pros and cons of each of the communication styles.

No comments: