Thursday, September 18, 2008

Speakers...Best and Worse...Week 4 Post 1

I have been influenced by many speakers, one of which is David Duke. I don’t believe in many of his ideals but I feel as though he does have a very powerful way of getting his views across to his audience. He uses facts and statistics in his speeches, even though these facts may be taken from a biased point of view, he uses them with great precision in order to make himself and his speech more credible. He is highly educated and uses that education to his advantage. Though most of his messages I do not agree with I do believe he is a great speaker because he makes his speeches memorable. I remember most of his speeches because of the way he doesn’t hold back his opinion. I feel one of the worst speakers I have ever heard is President George Bush. He does not have any flow or connection with the audience he addresses. His speeches are not fluid and I don’t see any ethos, pathos or logos used during them. To be honest I don’t feel as though anything is memorable when I hear him speak except that every time I hear him speak I just get reminded again of what a terrible speaker he is.

No comments: