Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Concept I found Interesting...Last Week!!! Post 2

The general topic and chapter I found most interesting was chapter twelve, intercultural communication. Most of the concepts within this chapter I found very interesting because of how important intercultural communication is in California and especially in a melting pot such as San Jose. Some of the most important concepts I found interesting was individualism and collectivism. Because individualistic cultures are so much different from collectivistic cultures I feel as though it is very important to realize these differences because it explains a lot about how people from these cultures act with one another. People who were raised in the United States being a very individualistic culture tend to look out more for themselves and communicate much differently than someone from say Japan which is very collectivistic.

No comments: